The student news site of Smithville High School in Smithville, Missouri

The Tribe Times

Eighteen Days and Counting

Freshmen study for their Math EOCs. Students are scheduled to take EOCs later this week and next week.

Photo by Savannah Oesterle

Photo by Savannah Oesterle

Savannah Oesterle, Staff Writer

Only 18 school days remain of this year. One of them is a half day. Nine of them are A days and nine are B days.

The 2016-2017 school year is ending quickly as we’re on the last month of school. Students have already made their way through the first nine months but May can be challenging.

Along with finals, students are beginning to take AP tests to get college credit. No matter what test it is it’s important to try your hardest and not worry.

Even if you’re not taking the AP tests and it’s just an EOC or final, here are some test taking tips:

• Study over time. Just like any other test you take, it’s important to review the content little by little instead of cramming the night before.
  • Get a good night’s sleep. It can be tempting to stay up late surfing the internet or talking to friends but if you want to do good on the test, you need your sleep.
  • Eat breakfast. They do say it’s the most important meal of the day and your brain needs to be fed so it’s important to eat.
  • Attend study sessions. There’s a good chance that you’ve forgotten some of the test information or maybe a teacher has new facts that you should know. Either way, the study sessions will have information to help you and it’ll be beneficial even if it’s just review.
  • Hang out with friends. It’s a good idea to take a break and relax so you’re not too stressed out but make sure that you do study, so you’re not completely unprepared.
  • Believe in yourself. You can study all you want but if you don’t believe in yourself, there’s no point in putting in all the effort. Believe in yourself and you’ll be amazed at what happens.

Hopefully, these tips have helped you and you’re ready to begin the final month of the school year. It can be tempting to quit but remember, this month matters just as much as the others, if not more.

If you play a fall sport, your eligibility is determined by your grades for the fourth quarter and May is the time to either fix your grades so you can play or keep your grades so you can keep playing.

Remember, you can’t have any F’s if you want to play in the fall so now is the time to fix the grades.

There are only 18 days left of the school year so if you feel like quitting, just remember only four more Mondays until it’s summer.

Good luck on your AP tests, may you all get threes, fours and fives on those. Good luck to everyone taking Finals and EOCs, may you all get A’s on those.